Start a wellness tourism business in the Coquimbo region
- The Coquimbo Region has the highest rate of overnight stays in tourist accommodation in Chile.
- It is the first Region in spontaneous popular architecture in the country.
- It is part of one of the most biodiverse ecosystems in the world (Hotspots): 8 Mediterranean microclimates, 864 rocky glaciers, 20 lagoons (2 RAMSAR), 3 transversal valleys. In addition, it is the third region of Chile with the largest number of beaches and spas in the country.
- It is the second region with the largest presence of Diaguita & Colla population and the fourth with Aymara population.
- It is the birthplace of Gabriela Mistral, Nobel Prize in Literature.
- It is recognized for its historical and architectural wealth since 1544, with La Serena being the second oldest city in Chile and the oldest in the Regions.
- The Elqui Valley has been selected as a must-visit destination by prestigious media as The New York Times, Bloomberg and Forbes.